Counting On A Miracle

It's been that kind of week, family and friends. A lot of people sick and some of them losing their battle. I heard this song the other day and was hit by the brilliance of it. I also remember choosing it as the title of my book about Jake's ordeal at the hospital and it's such a beautiful sentiment just in 3 words. The coolest part is that now, when you Google Counting On a Miracle my name is in there with all the opportunities to read about Bruce's song. Think about the fact that this song is so beautifully written. Just line after line after line, and imagine that a songwriter would kill to write just one song of this caliber and Bruce has about a thousand of them. Just a perfect song.

It's a fairy-tale so tragic
There's no prince to break the spell
I don't believe in magic
But for you I will, for you I will
If I'm a fool, I'll be a fool
Darlin' for you

I'm countin' on a miracle
Baby I'm countin' on a miracle
Darlin' I'm countin' on a miracle
To come through

There ain't no storybook story
There's no never-ending song

Our happily ever after Darlin'
Forever come and gone
I'm movin' on
If I'm gonna believe
I'll put my faith

Darlin' in you

I'm countin' on a miracle
Baby I'm countin' on a miracle
Darlin' I'm countin' on a miracle
To come through

Sleeping beauty awakes from her dream
With her lover's kiss on her lips
Your kiss was taken from me
Now all I have is this

Your kiss, your kiss, your touch, your touch
Your heart, your heart, your strength, your strength
Your hope, your hope, your faith, your faith
Your face, your face, your love, your love
Your dream, your dream, your life, your life

I'm runnin' through the forest
With this wolf at my heels
My king is lost at midnight
When the tower bells peal

We've got no fairytale ending
In God's hands our fate is complete
Your heaven's here in my heart

Our love's this dust beneath my feet
Just this dust beneath my feet
If I'm gonna live
I'll lift my life
Darlin' to you


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty