What An Idiot


I remember how excited I was back in 2004 when the news reported that the Yankees were on the verge of dealing for A-Rod. It wasn't because I loved him as a man (I actually couldn't stand him) but I knew that he was a great player, and that he would come to New York and deliver championships.

It hasn't really worked out that way.

They did win one in 2009 by beating the hapless Phillies, but A-Rod has been way more aggravation than he's been worth, and the longer he stood next to Jeter on the left side of the infield, the worst he looked as a player.

Yet I stuck up for him a little because there were a lot of guys cheating and when he got caught he stood there and took the heat.

At least a little.

But now there are even more allegations, and he struck out a zillion times with a runner on third and one out, and he chewed his gum like a cow and smiled as he walked back to the dugout, and he was cashing huge checks, and giving fake interviews, and waving to girls, and divorcing his wife, and striking out with a runner on second and no outs to not MOVE THE FREAKING RUNNER TO THIRD, and the Yankees were just not the same.

And then he started getting hurt.

I can't believe that Chris Colantino caught me feeding him popcorn in the photo above.

But a lot of people are asking me these days what I think about A-Rod.

See Douche Armstrong.

See Cheetah Woods.

See Murdering Ray.

Scumbags one and all.

There's talk that the Yankees are gonna' get out from under the rest of the contract.

If there's a God in heaven it will work out that way because the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Sports don't need such aggravation.

And Jeter needs to stand next to someone who can measure up.

At least a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie