Super Bowl Review

So...it's in the books and I was wrong with my prediction although if you go back to September I had predicted the Ravens in the big game. I don't take any credit, however, because I really wanted them to lose.

And that's a shame because I do like Joe Flacco. He's really good.

So how was the game experience at Camp Clifford?

We won one square as a family. Our resident gambler, Sam, picked up a square in the family pool. (For entertainment purposes only). He wins one every year so no big surprise.

I was shut the hell out.

The first half of the game, of course, was a real downer. The Ravens scored at will. The Niners looked awful. As we prepared for Beyonce I was thinking about getting to bed early.

But the freaking Ravens wouldn't even do that for me. They pulled a Buffalo Bills super bowl impression in the second half. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

What to make of Beyonce?

Damn.

She may not Kathy Fazzolari, but she is on the attractive side, isn't she?

The thing about it is that my beautiful wife might actually be a better singer.

I really did try.

I just don't get that music. It sounds like something the kids could put together, and forget about understanding what she's saying.

"I wish she'd just stand still so I could look at her," got me a sideways glance.

Whatever.

The commercials?

I was let down there as well. The goat one made me smile a little, but other than that?

Nothing.

Then the lights went out and the comeback began.

"This sport seems fixed to me," Jake said. He was the only guy in the house pulling for the Ravens.

By the time the lights came back on my passion for the game was gone.

I didn't care if Ray Lewis won.

I just stayed tuned in because I was curious about the end.

"Do you think they script it?" Jake asked again as the 49ers lined up for the 4th down play.

"There's a lot of money involved," I said. "Bad things happen when people are trying to get paid."

The 49ers were "held" out of the end zone.

The call could have gone either way.

Jake cheered.

Sam yelled.

I gathered Melky and headed for the stairs.

There was just one thing I would make sure I didn't see:

A Smiling Ray Lewis.

He had a Hollywood type ending, didn't he?

Kind of like when Hulk Hogan took the title away from the Iron Shiek.

Not that there was a script to follow.

Damn, Beyonce is good-looking, right?

Comments

Gag said…
Dinner is South Jersey!!:)
Gag said…
i know people.
Dave Neisser said…
I an a true Ravens fan and I am happy they won. I'm glad to see Reed, Smith, Rice, Flacco and others who deserve a ring get one. Is football fixed? I say yes to a degree. This game had screw job written all over it. The fix comes from the highers within the NFL and the Refs. It just happened that the Ravens held them off.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty