On and On

February is a cold month.

We need to spice it up somehow, don't we?

I don't think that Valentine's Day quite cuts it. There are only 28 days, usually, but the month seems eternal to me.

The ice and the cold are a true battle. As a young man it's easy to make fun of the people who migrate to warmer climates for the winter, as a just-past-middle-aged man it seems like a grand idea.

Football season is over. The real college basketball season isn't here yet. The guys in baseball are denying the new batch of steroid claims, and playing catch in the sun.

Hockey blows.

Seems all a little slow, doesn't it?

Some people amuse themselves with the Oscar's talk, but I normally don't see the movies that are up for consideration.

I did see the White Lightning thing because Bradley Cooper was in it.

I get to see Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, and Ryan Gosling movies...by my beautiful wife's request...

...because those guys remind her of me.

I'm guessing.

But still a little bored.

"I need to see the sun," a co-worker said to me the other day.

And that might be it.

It always seems dark and cold in February.

It feels darker and colder to me in March too...for tragic reasons.

I have to remember.

Opening Day is just around the corner.

Jeter will lead the boys out onto the field.

The 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Sports will get their cuts in. Television will be taken care of from April until October.

Judge Judy.

Yankees.

On and on we go.

And I won't have to look at Ryan or Channing or Bradley again for a whole 'nother year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie