Hoodwinked

Did you happen to hear Ben Affleck (a Red Suck fan and one of my least favorite actors) stumble over his thank-you to his wife in his acceptance speech.

First off, he likes the Red Sucks so he can't be overly brilliant, but he forgot to thank her one other time when he was getting an award so this time he went out of his way, but he called his love for her, 'Work.'

I almost felt bad for the moron.

"It is work," he said. "But there's no one else I'd rather have working with me."

All right. He might've saved it, but it got me texting with a buddy of mine as we considered marriage.

I'll tread lightly.

I'll also allow my buddy to remain anonymous.

You'll see why.

"It's not the same as we believed, right?" he asked.

"We were bamboozeled," I replied.

"Hoodwinked," he answered.

"A great heist," I sent back.

I decided to break it down.

"Yet we love 'em and sooner or later, whether we get aggravated or not, before too long they can pull us back in with a couple of moves."

"Ain't that the truth," my buddy said.

"But that means we're like trained monkeys," I said.

"Worse," he answered.

I waited a couple of moments for him to finish his thought.

It was worth the wait.

"Monkeys get to hump other monkeys when the feeling strikes 'em," he said.

I wonder if that's what dumb Ben Affleck was trying to say when he was up there.

Was that the 'work' he was referring too?

Poor monkey bastard.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's an remarkable article for all the web users; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

Also visit my web site - bmi chart for women

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie