Mind Over Matter



The guy above is a street performer.

I found the shot on Twitter and there was some great debate about whether or not it was an actual photo or if it had been doctored in some fashion.

I believe that the actor was David Arquette and he posted the photo swearing that it was legit.

I can buy it.

Our minds are truly capable of some unbelievable feats. The problem being that we certainly don't use them, very often, for understanding things that aren't right in our wheelhouse.

Have you ever been amazed by a magician?

Someone sent me a video of one of the famous guys doing all sorts of tricks with a coffee cup.

"How is that possible?" I wrote back.

I watched the video over and over and had no idea how the trick was performed.

Some years ago a company hired a magician to work the tables at a Christmas party. I had a couple of belts in me when the guy came over to me and asked to see my driver's license.

"Don't take it out of the wallet," he said.

I showed him the license. I don't think he ever touched the wallet.

He talked a little while, we exchanged a few jokes, and Shazam! he asked me to look in my wallet.

My license was gone.

He opened his wallet.

My license was there.

I wanted to kill the guy when he walked away and didn't share the trick.

I still don't know how he did it.

I don't know how that guy in the photo is just sitting there either, but I don't doubt it.

The mind:

It's a terrible thing to waste.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Were you with me at the Warehouse when the guy did all the tricks? Blew my mind!
Anonymous said…
It looks like Whoopie Goldberg and youre Dad would've said "look at the fence climbers she's wearing"
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Yeah, Pops. That's the same guy who stole my license!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie