Super Bowl Prediction

As a Buffalo guy it's pretty hard not to think of the Super Bowl in terms of losses, and losses, and losses and losses.

Four straight of them bastards.

A long time ago, now.

Ah well. We'll get 'em next year.

Losing a game is not quite as bad as losing in life.

Which brings me to this years game. I'm not all that enamored with the matchup.

I lived in the San Francisco area in 1983 and again in 1987. I was there when they were really great, and I couldn't get into their team at all. I even went to a couple of games during a Super Bowl winning season, and it did little for me.

Bur I'll be rooting for the Niners.

And this is in spite of the fact that I also lived in the Baltimore area and a lot of people I love still live there.

I really wish I could throw my support to the Ravens, but, uh, you know why I can't, right?

Yeah...Murdering Ray.

Blah, blah, blah, it ain't up to me to judge.

Blah, blah, blah, he went through the system.

Blah, blah, blah, he's found Jesus.

Well, I'm still judging here because he puts his face front and center. I will choose not to judge him on the case. I'll NOT judge him on the antler piss or whatever else he drank. I'll judge him solely as I see him as a man in the 2012 season.

He's an attention-seeking, slow-footed, weeping, fake, lying, scheming piece of shit. He said that if he could go back to that fateful night in Atlanta he wouldn't change a single thing because it allowed him to grow as a person. Two dead people and he wouldn't change it because he is pretending to be a good guy.

And I can't root for him.

I may get physically ill if he's at the podium telling me about his deep love for God when he seems to me to have lived his entire life in stark contrast to the principles of the God I am seeking to know.

I don't wish injury on anyone.

I hope he makes a whole bunch of tackles, but the last image I want of that guy on a football field is of him on his back, watching Frank Gore score the winning touchdown with mere seconds on the clock.

I want him to feel the pain of loss in the only true way he understands it.

It won't make up for the loss that those two families feel, but it'll make me smile.

49ers 28 Ravens 24.

I don't win a square.

I don't like more than 2 commercials.

In fact, the only thing I like is that Ray Lewis is done as a player, and he goes off the field the same way he's walked on it so many times.

As a loser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty