FIRED!!!

It's weird but following sports is a job for a lot of people.

"They should fire Ruff and Reiger!"

I've been hearing that one all year.

And you know what's weird?

When the Sabres finally dropped the hammer I felt bad for Lindy Ruff.

I'm not the world's biggest hockey fan. I think they made the game boring with the blocked shots and the clutching and grabbing. A guy can hardly ever get a shot through to the goalie, and if he does it will most likely be stopped because they're wearing pads as big as my bed mattress.

Anywho-ha.

Lindy is gone.

He was here a long time.

It brings to mind the only time in my life when I was fired.

My Dad left the job. It took about two weeks for his rival to fire me.

I didn't take it lying down.

I told the guy that there were only two things that he didn't know anything about:

Construction Management...and Weight Control.

And that's the way that I wish Lindy would have gone out.

Both guns blazing.

"Ryan Miller is a crybaby, bitch."

"Stafford couldn't shoot the puck in the ocean."

"Myers reminds me of big bird on skates."

"Enroth couldn't win a junior league game."

"Kaleta skates like a mental patient."

He could have gone on and on.

We would have all loved his presser to end it.

Good luck Lindy, and when you're with your new team, holding the cup up over your head, look in the camera and give a wink to good old Buffalo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty