Carrie's Turn

My publisher and friend, Cindy, said something to me late last year that sort of stuck. I was mentioning that I was heading up to the New England Book Festival to appear on a panel about writing and she stopped talking for a second. Then she slowly said.

"You don't even think it's unique, do you?"

"What?"

"People don't just get to do these things," she said. "You just casually mention things like we all know what it feels like to get such honors."

I suppose that I am guilty of that although I certainly do not feel entitled. It's just that the writing was always a natural course of action for me. I do know what it feels like to be honored and I'm certainly appreciative, but those honors aren't just mine...they are Cindy's too. They are my friends as well. They most certainly belong to my family. The Oh Brother! honors are way less mine than they are my brothers and sisters. We all could've written that book. Jeff's life is the honor.

Yet, for the 6th time, Oh Brother! The Life & Times of Jeff Fazzolari will be honored.

At the Los Angeles Book Festival.

On March 8th.

Carrie's birthday.



And tell me I'm not crazy here.

The winners of the New England Book Festival were announced on - October 18 - my birthday.

The ceremony for the New York Book Festival was on June 22 - Jeff's birthday.

The winners of the Southern California Book Festival were announced on my Dad's birthday.

And now the ceremony for the Los Angeles Book Festival is on Carrot's.

That's not random, folks.

And how many?

New England

Hollywood

New York

Southern California

London

Los Angeles


I'd say that WE are doing what WE thought was normal.

WE are telling the world about love.

WE are spreading the message about celebrating life.

WE

And it still does feel real natural.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie