Matinee Idol

Got home from another aggravating work day yesterday (aggravating because it's cold and I'm old) and in the middle of typing my first report the power went off.

The power going out around our house is a true emergency as it kicks teenagers off the X-Box. It also ruins reports that aren't quite saved yet, but I wasn't about to panic or said teenagers would follow suit.

So I headed down to do something productive, passing Sam on the stairs.

"Someone wants you on television," he said.

"What?"

"I don't know. Someone from New York City wants you to be on television. She left a message on the answering machine."

I went towards the answering machine. There were no lights blinking.

"There's no power, genius," Sam said.

I prodded him for information but he didn't have any.

So we waited. We even spotted Jake who had left his room with his controller still in hand.

About an hour later the power returned and I hit the answering machine.

"This is someone from somewhere. We are contacting you to see if you'd be interested in being a television Dad in a sitcom."

The woman left her phone number and the company name. I immediately went to the Google machine and typed it in. It was more than legit.

I called the number and was transferred through.

Once more the woman explained the idea.

"Where'd you get my name from?" I asked.

"Thoughts of a Common Man," she said. "Your blog is funny and you're a good family man."

I just laughed.

We went through what needed to be done next and I'm not sure what can come of it, or what I even need of it, but why not try it, huh?

I sent a text to my beautiful wife.

"They want you on camera?" she asked.

"I think."

"Well, that's a mistake," she said, laughing. "I can see them wanting you for writing, but you have a face for radio."

I then sent the text to friends and family.

"You can be the next Peter Griffin," my brother John said.

"What are they gonna' name the show?" Sam asked. "The Complainer?"

Oh, the love.

You gotta' love the love.

Move over Brad Pitt.

Clifford is coming for the title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie