Murder-Suicide Thoughts?

Perhaps things would be better for all concerned if those who are contemplating murder-suicide would start with the suicide.

The coverage of the death of KC football player Jovan Belcher was aggravating at best. The talking heads didn't know how to treat the situation and I swear if I would've heard one more person tell me what a great guy he was I would've thrown something through the television.

He murdered the mother of his infant child because she was late coming home from a concert.

I don't care if he could tackle.

I don't care if he volunteered once to talk to a sick kid.

I don't want to hear from his high school coach who talked about how great a character Jovan had as a young man.

He took a gun and shot her multiple times with the kid, reportedly, nearby.

End of story.

Now we get to see his jersey hanging in the locker room?

Now we get to hear that his teammates wanted to wear his number on their sleeves to honor him?

Suddenly, now, it's all about football being bad for your head?

Perhaps repeated blows to the head does have something to do with this. If that's the case then perhaps the sport needs to be removed from the list of things that entertain us. After all, we stopped feeding combatants to lions when that started getting a bad rap.

Football is violent. One NFL player once told me that it was like running from the end of the driveway into the closed garage door, play after play after play.

But that's not an excuse.

Jovan murdered his girlfriend.

He was a murderer.

I don't care that he drove a Mercedes or that he was a three year starter. I don't care that he made 48 tackles this year.

He pulled off the tricky murder-suicide combo.

It's too bad he mixed up the order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie