House of Miracles - New England Book Festival


As a two-time winner at the New England Book Festival I was invited to participate this year as a presenter. I mulled it over, knowing that I'd have the chance to tell my story again, but I wasn't sure that I really wanted to change out of sweatpants.

Then something hit my heart. A young girl from my hometown received some tough medical news, and soon enough her Mom started posting heartbreaking updates online.

Syd and Leslie are certainly in a lot of people's prayers these days.

And it got me thinking about some of the great people I met when I was writing House of Miracles from Doctor Caty to Olivia Stockmeyer - the beautiful girl in the photo above - and I thought why not?

Let's enter House of Miracles in the festival.

I plan on telling those gathered about my brother. I plan on making them all laugh a little, but at the same time, I want to talk about the Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo.

I have living proof of their work running around texting on his I-Phone, and at this time each year I think of how fortunate we were in one real important episode.

We were Counting on a Miracle, just as a lot of other parents do without the rest of us knowing.

My beautiful wife is a nurse now, and she dedicates herself in doing the job as many did it for us for little more than their take-home pay.

Good nurses and great doctors still need to have their stories told.

I need to still pay on my debt.

So back to Boston, I go.

With me, this time, I carry the stories of Olivia, Anthony, Trina, Barb, and Ellen...

...and Syd.

It'll be worth the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty