Wrong Again!

Back-to-back posts today.

Because, once more, I have to let my wife know that I was wrong again.

So far the score is 3,245,008 to 2.

Yes, in the history of our marriage she has been wrong twice, but she eventually twisted it around until it was my fault and I don't even remember what she was wrong about.

So, what happened, you ask?

Saturday night the calls started getting serious about golf on Sunday. Unbeknownst to my wife the tee time was set in stone. I broke the news in the mid-afternoon.

"I'm golfing tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Yeah I'm ready to go. I worked on the foot all week. I'm healed."

"Really?"

The debate was over in my mind. I was ready to play.

"I think you need another week of rest."

"Nah, I'm good."

On the fourth hole, just walking back towards the cart, I stepped down and my foot betrayed me. My buddy John saw the misstep.

"I'm good," I said.

I actually played okay, but got gassed near the end and watched my round blow up a little. Lost to the Grape Apes again, but not by much.

Three hours later, I was dragging my foot behind me as I helped with the dinner dishes.

"You're limping."

"It's from doing the dishes," I said.

"Golf didn't bother you?"

"Of course not."

This afternoon my beautiful wife bought me a new ice pack. She's remained fairly quiet on the subject.

Just a little warning. I will not miss a day of work and I most certainly will be healed by tee time next Sunday.

Of course, I could be wrong.

3,245,009 to 2 won't matter either.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Seriously? bah just cut the damn thing off already. get a rod in the back and two stainless steel knees and ankles so you can stop whining.
Wives are never wrong Cliffy, even if you win the arguement you lose the war, always.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty