One Thing After Another

If you don't think that there's something gone awry in this country - just watch CNN for a half an hour. It doesn't matter what half an hour - just tune in and be sickened by the news.

I had to have my oil changed today. They have a television conveniently located so that CNN can play while you wait for some goofball to tell you that your car is seriously overdue for one flush or another.

Today on CNN - I watched footage of a police officer shot in LA. I saw Britney leaving rehab again (happens every other day), they talked about the eleven pills Heath Ledger took to finally get some damn rest, and a school teacher in Ohio was shot by her estranged husband.

Finally, they went to commercial.

They came back to tell me about the devastation of the tornados - and I said a quick prayer for the victims.

Zit-face came by to tell me that my fuel filter was in horrible shape - I declined.

The politicians came on talking of change and I was hit with the latest poll numbers. There was news about the tax rebate that we're not getting, a quick section about the falling Dow Jones, and the rising gas prices.

Zit-face was back telling me about the synthetic oil to keep my car running smoothly. "No, Thanks", I answered.

We finally got to the war in Iraq and the news of more brave soldiers dying in the desert.

"Your windshield wipers are looking worn," the kid cried out.

"Everything about me is worn," I answered.

I couldn't tear my face from the news - but my oil change was finally complete. The CNN announcer exclaimed that there was happy news on the new movie front. I didn't get to hear him finish the sentence.

Somehow, I doubt that news about a new movie was going to change my mood.

"See you in 3,000 miles," the kid said.

I won't be going back there, unless they get the tv out of the waiting room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie