$41 Billion Dollars!

I read the news today - oh boy!

Exxon Mobil is claiming record profits again - 41 billion dollars. If that ain't enough to piss off the Pope. We're running around with the needle on "E" wondering how the hell we can get from here to there.

We're told we need to sacrifice and break our dependancy on oil - and someone, somewhere is celebrating because they're about to move into a mansion - at the expense of the poor, old, working slob.

My father and I discuss politics from time-to-time - not sure if the oil company profits are politics - but something tells me they are - yet our conversation always seems to end with one of us saying - "What're you going to do?"

The other answers - "Nothing."

What the hell is there to do? Rant and rave? Elect another lying, piece of crap? Aren't there more families to choose from other than the Bush family and the Clinton family? Who's after Hiliary? Jeb or Jethro - or whoever is the next Bush? And then what Chelsea?

How do these people get elected as poor slobs talking change - spend four or eight years there - and come out as friggen' billionaires?

It made me sick to read that headline. It makes me even more sick to understand that there was $85 billion dollars targeted to Iraq this year and that they can't account for $14 billion of it.

How in the hell do you lose $14 billion dollars?

This isn't my wife saying - "What did you do with your spending money this month?"

This is $14 billion dollars!

Besides, the answer to my wife's question is that I bought gas.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Don't lie, she knows it was beer.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty