More News

I read an article that said that obsesity can lead to health problems. Reeeeeeallly! The long study by the medical community pushed this shocking news to the forefront. Seriously, eating until you can't stand up has an effect on your body? (I've been there - my brother is a chef and winning a bet that dictated that he make me dinner almost cost me a hole in my colon).

Truthfully, not being able to climb a set of stairs without stopping for a milkshake is troublesome? The article said that carrying the extra weight puts undue pressure on all of your organs. I am stunned! I thought it was all a cushion that provided more comfort in a snowstorm.

A couple of pages away was another just completed study that said that kids who watch their parents drink every day are prone to drinking every day themselves. No kidding? That is also shocking news - I have three kids who mimic everything I do right down to the words that I say - how else can you explain my children swearing in Italian when they get frustrated - or constantly saying the word "Bah!"

I learned to say these things because of my father and I'm sure that one day they will be teaching their children. What a sight it will be when a grandkid is yelling "Bah!"

Yet all of these studies led me to an unreal conclusion - no one can actually figure out what we're supposed to be eating or drinking or smoking or not smoking. For every study that says eggs are bad, there's a study that explains they're good. For every study that tells you not to eat meat, there's a report that explains meat is beneficial.

I don't know what to believe. My brother-in-law was just diagnosed with Diabetes - he is rightfully concerned and is ready to live the right way. He said it best, "I knew the day was coming when I'd have to change my ways and eat better, but man, it's like sitting down to eat sawdust at every meal. I hate that I'm being told what to eat and how much."

Yes, I too fear that day. I just had sausage and eggs for breakfast. I'm not obsese and I don't regulary get trashed in front of my children.

There must be a study out there that proves I'm doing it all wrong.

Comments

deafjeff said…
No you get trashed in front of me, and you better check the scale, you ain't seen your ideal weight since Brad Ring made you fall off the ropes.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie