Dreaming

Every once in awhile I'll play the lottery. I say the same thing to my wife as I hang the ticket on the refrigerator - "Here's my ticket out of here." My wife will ask how much the prize is and she'll always let me know that she's taking at least 80% of the winnings.

I've never won more than a free ticket on the damn thing. This morning, I heard the interview with the couple that just won $275 million. The wife exclaimed that they would be moving out of their trailer. They've also decided to quit work.

We've all heard the horror stories about how money changes people - and we've all had the same thought - I'd be willing to give it a go.

Yet, if I suddenly came into a lot of money would it be a good thing? Certainly, it would offer security to the family and I would most likely attain my lifelong ambition of getting a nap every day, but my throttle has been stuck on go so long, I wonder if it would be a good thing.

I wouldn't move - I hate moving. There isn't a single thing I really need - other than a vacation. Yet I don't need a bigger house or a softer bed, or a faster car.

I always joke with my wife because she starts a lot of her sentences with "I want."

The boys are even worse, but I've been to college and I've lived alone. I had a sheet of plywood for a kitchen table - (which was cool because I could write phone numbers on it) - I used to sit on milk crates in front of the television.

Yet I suppose that if I were in the position of that Georgia couple, I would probably leave trailer life behind - I'd move up to Beverly Hills and get me one of 'dem dare concrete ponds.

Comments

deafjeff said…
If u hit, take me golfing. Forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie