So Adorable

I pulled into the parking lot at the golf course and my heart sank a little…

…place was packed!

Father’s Day golf is not fun for those of us who go out every weekend because it’s like those who attend mass only on Christmas or Easter.

There was a group of 8 in front of us. They were obviously going to split into 2 foursomes, but the group directly in front of us had a grandpa and his granddaughter.

“How adorable,” I said.

Grandpa hit it about 18 yards.

Granddaughter swung and missed.

She did a little pirouette and laughed. Her Dad, who was also in the group, decided to give her a lesson as we waited on the tee for our shot.

I said to my golf partner:

“I get it. You’re sitting around during the week and you think, ‘You know what would be FUN? We should all go golfing! Me, Dad and Grandpa! It’s perfect for Father’s Day!”

Yeah.

Perfect.

Unless you’re one of the slobs in the group behind them!

Now, it’s not to say that I didn’t have a perfectly fine time. I hit some good shots, some bad shots, got a lot of sun, and had plenty of time to look around at the beauty of the place.

I wasn’t worried about scoring and I was able to clear my head of the anxiety of the week.

Yet, I also watched Grandpa hit shots that couldn’t break a window in my living room…

…over and over and over again.

He was better than his lovely granddaughter who would swing and laugh.

It took us more than 4 hours to play.

There was a hole where we stood in the middle of the fairway and waited a full 20 minutes.

As I left the parking lot I thought about the young girl and her grandpa sitting around talking about how much fun they had.

Good for them. They made a memory.

So adorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie