Arthur the King

Man!

I had a very busy, really stressful day on Thursday and was happy when Kathy suggested we watch a movie.

We like Mark Wahlberg so Arthur the King seemed like a good choice.

And it crushed me!!!

You can’t show me two hours of a movie where a dog’s fate hangs in the balance.

I have said it for years:

Dogs are way, way, way up there on the list of God’s greatest blessings and I’m telling you, I was so freaking uncomfortable for long stretches of the movie and at one point said:

“This dog better be all right or I’m going to beat you up.”

Kathy laughed, but I saw her squirming around too.

And Wahlberg didn’t disappoint either. The movie was definitely entertaining.

It’s crazy, isn’t it?

We can watch show after show and movie after movie where people shoot other people, or fight to the death, but introduce an animal into the mix and there’s angst.

Think ‘Call of the Wild’ or ‘Old Yeller’ or even ‘Bambi.’

Every once in a blue moon a dog wil die a hero as a burglar breaks in.

I can’t do those movies or shows!

The final verdict?

Watch it…

…a fine movie.

That dog needs to win an award.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie