June the 2 & Summer Love

I woke up Saturday with a plan.

I needed to not overdo it because the goal of the day was to rest my tired body a little so that I can swing the golf club on June the 2.

Didn’t work because Ollie was waiting at 7:30. We got round one out of the way as I sipped my coffee.

I thought about Dad & Uncle Jim being fired up about June the 2. Considered talking to my boys about it so they acknowledge the day after we’re gone.

Cat food and cat litter was a priority so I headed to the grocery store.

Ollie and I played again when I returned and then I grabbed the weed whacker.

“I’ll mow on Sunday, or get the boys to do it,” I thought.

Two hours later, I was mowing.

A visit to see Mom and by 3:00, I was tired and my back was barking!

“I have to rest,” I told Kathy. “My back hurts!”

But it’s so hard to sit the hell down when the weather is so great.

The football was flying around the yard most of the day as Sam & Jake also took a turn helping Ollie get his reps.

Saturday night was quiet which is exactly what an almost 60-year old man wants.

A movie.

Check the baseball scores, and an ice pack or two.

Then I told Jake all about June the 2…

…he didn’t say much…

…but I have a feeling that it’ll mean more to the boys as they age.

June the 2…

…pork chop and pasta.

And sunshine.

Perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie