Happy Birthday, Brother

I’ll see you in my dreams indeed.

I love when I dream about my Dad, my cousin Maryanne and my brother Jeff.

Seems they take turns paying visits to me, and while the dreams are usually nonsensical I can feel them there.

I woke on Saturday morning to a few texts from my nephew John who was a little concerned about the Yankees losing a couple of ugly ones.

Then we swapped thoughts of a birthday that will be celebrated even if the birthday boy isn’t here.

“Not right,” I texted. “We should be up to shenanigans today.”

That’s the sad part. We didn’t get a chance to see how it all would have evolved.

“Let it be,” I mentioned, which is easier said than done.

We went back to worrying about the starting pitching and I did my best to talk my nephew off the baseball ledge.

“Every team has tough stretches. They had 76 good starts in a row and now two bad ones. It’s how life goes.”

Johnny thought about it for a minute.

“I want to win every day!” He wrote.

The kid is gonna’ be all right.

Chip off the old block.

Happy Birthday, 🎉 Jeff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie