A Little Toasty

The renovations continue at Camp Clifford.

This was a big one given what we are going through in the Northeast.

“The air conditioner isn’t working,” was the text message while I was working.

(Love those little love messages from the campers).

Called the guy.

He texted me.

“Dude, it’s toast. You bought it in 2002. It’s time.”

I got a price from him. Wasn’t happy, but when are you ever happy when hit with a big bill?

Went to the next site and griped to the first guy I saw. I told him the price.

“My guy can beat that.”

I texted his guy, but not before we battled through a steamy night.

Well - one of us didn’t want any part of it:

“I’m getting a hotel room,” Kathy said. “It’s 89 in here.”

The guy texted me on Tuesday morning.

“I’ll be there at noon. Your house will be cooling down by 5:00.”

And let me tell you…

…the guy did a great job.

He worked hard in sweltering heat, and he talked me through everything as if I knew what he was talking about regarding heating and cooling.

He might just well have been speaking Latin.

But the house has cooled down…

…the campers all snug in their beds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie