Rained All Day

Day one of my longest stretch of not working started early.

I was awake by 5:30!

I read until 7:00 and then got it all started. By 9:00 I had grocery shopped, washed, dried and folded my clothes.

Cleaned a little bit, hung out with my constant companions - Ollie & Miller.

Then I unpacked and attempted to setup the new PC that was sent to me by my next employer.

I’m not handy so I had to call in a more tech savvy buddy…

…what to do next?

God intervened!

“The basement is flooding!” Kathy yelled.

How?

I heard the sump pump running, but there was a river flowing. I pulled the pump out of his home and found the problem. The hose blew up.

I’m not handy!!!

And over the next 90 minutes I had a purpose.

I vacuumed the water up, replaced the hose, and cleaned up the mess.

I was soaked and tired and more than once I thought:

“Every day off better not be like this.”

The rain kept coming down. The dog kept looking at me.

We finally headed out to the backyard and played catch with the blue football.

I wrote  few pages. Read a little more and called it a day.

Made it through the rain.

The sun will shine today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie