There’s Nothing Else Happening


 Snow.

Mountains of snow.

As far as the eye can see.

That’s what I looked at outside my front door. I had cleared the first 4 feet.

That landed on Tuesday night.

I cleared a path for Ollie, but he simply stood there, barking at the snow. I had to pick him up and carry him out, and he glanced at me, wondering:

“Why?”

Once again, a kind neighbor made a pass for us, but a whole lot of snow still needs to be moved by hand, no matter what other equipment you might have.

There’s truly no let up in sight as they’re forecasting another 2’ tonight.

I don’t know where to put it. The snow banks in my front yard are seven feet high.

I don’t have a lot of wisdom here.

My back feels like a sheet of plywood.

All work details have been set aside as my job is to travel to jobs.

I’m banned from traveling.

I do know one thing to be true:

I’m going to have to get out of here pretty soon because Miller is on his last container of cat milk.

There will be hell to pay if he runs out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie