Football on the Brain

Here in Buffalo it’s insane how many times I hear the name Josh Allen.

I think that’s what drives me nuts more than anything else.

Of course, he’s a very good player but MY GOD there’s more to life!

However, I was patient as the boys got ready to go - my son Sam and my nephew John got good seats and were all fired up.

They were cautiously optimistic and I encouraged their fandom with talk of when I was fanatic about it.

I also posed a question.

“What if Taylor Swift wants to take you home?” I asked.

“I’m going,” Johnny said. “She’s worth a billion.”

“Okay, what if she says that the only way she drops Kelce for you is that you have to become a Chiefs fan.”

“I couldn’t do it,” Sam said, as he wandered by.

“I’m thinking I’d pretend,” John said. “But eventually I’d get loaded and ruin it by cheering for the Bills.”

“You’ll probably get loaded and screw up something,” I said.

They laughed.

Of course, I didn’t think they were dressed warmly enough. Then I gave up my gloves…

…which I need for work.

“I’ll bring them back,” John said. “Guaranteed.”

I waved goodbye to my gloves. Chances are I’ll never see them again.

And, of course, I considered how insane they’d be if the Bills finished the job and won a Super Bowl.

And there no getting away from the NFL. We had it on, of course, I almost fell asleep in the second half.

Announcers kept me awake by saying:

“Josh Allen, Josh Allen, Josh Allen.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie