Happy New Year 🎊🎆🎈

2023 went into the books with the end date of 123123.

We stayed healthy, for the most part. Had plenty to eat and a warm place to sleep.

I don’t take any of that for granted so I didn’t spend a lot of time complaining about the past 365 days.

The coming year will bring some changes.

Matt is getting married.

I am resolved to release a couple of the books that I have in the vault.

I can see the end of my work career from here.

And I’m going to break 80 this year.

Oh, and the Yankees need to win one. Yankees fans have suffered long enough!

Yet…

…I’m worried for America.

More in the coming year than ever.

It’s interesting, but we watched ‘Oppenheimer’ yesterday and America working to end the war and to stop Hitler.

There was talk about the importance of protecting national security, and the brilliance of those who worked together to build a bomb that may someday truly end the world.

And I felt a little sick about it.

Classified documents were being stored in a bathroom in a resort.

Hitler’s words are being echoed by someone who has done little than try and stir up hatred for those who look or act differently.

And that ‘working together for the good of the country’ attitude?

Yeah.

It’s gone.

And I pray that I’m wrong but I’ve seen desperation explode into pain, and I’m worried that the bomb set back in 2016…

…a bomb that is as un-American as can be…

…will detonate.

My wish for the New Year is that you stay healthy, find happiness, and sleep in a warm place.

And I pray for the citizens of the country and beg for peace through the trials and the election.

We’ve heard a lot of talk about the battle for the soul of the nation.

It all comes to a head in 2024.

And I still believe we can step through it as Americans.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie