What Time Is It?

Was watching an episode of the very funny series, Loudermilk - he stopped at a desk in a doctor’s office and the clock above the receptionist’s head read:

2:05 p.m.

I looked at my phone.

It was 2:05 p.m.!

What are the chances of that happening?

Did you ever notice that when a character on a show is woken up he yells out:

“It’s 3 o’clock in the morning!”

It’s always 3 o’clock in the morning.

And, of course, we are all controlled by the clock.

There are two kinds of people. 

Those who show up early and on-time and those who are always ‘running late.’

I am never late.

My wife is never even close to being on time.

“Will be home by 4:00” most likely means she’ll be through the door anywhere between 4:20 and 5:15.

“What happened to 4:00?”

“I stopped for a drink.”

And there is a lot of aggravation when time comes into play.

I recently recommended one of my son’s friends for a job. A week into the kid’s new gig, I received a text from the guy who hired him.

“Where is he?”

I called the kid and I could tell in his voice that I woke him up.

“Oh shit!” He said. “I overslept.”

It was 9:30 - he was supposed to be there by 7:00.

“You overslept by 150 minutes?”

As it turned out, he couldn’t handle the start time.

“I don’t get you old dudes,” he said. “You are too particular about that time crap.”

Indeed.

Not sure what other way there is to do it.

Ah well, at least me and Loudermilk are in sync.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie