How Much Would it Take?

Erie County and the NFL made the right decision to move the Bills-Steelers game from 1:00 today to 4:30 tomorrow.

I didn’t think they would - the NFL hardly seems concerned with the safety of their players or even the welfare of the 80,000 fans heading to the game.

Now I know a lot of people who will be attending and would’ve braved the blizzard to go.

One such friend asked me how much it would cost to bribe me to go to the game.

“Let’s see. It’s supposed to be 18 degrees with 65 mph winds and anywhere from 2 to 7 feet of snow. I’d go for five grand.”

He laughed.

“That might even be low,” I said. “I’m 8’ from a huge television screen if I want to watch. I’m also about 40 steps away from the meatballs.”

I did go to cold weather games when I was a much younger man.

Hated it then too.

I recall sitting in the stands as the Bills marched down the field against the Vikings during one of the Super Bowl losing seasons.

“They kick a field goal and we clinch a playoff spot,” my brother Jeff yelled.

“I. Don’t. Give. A. Shit.” I yelled. “I’m freezing! 🥶 I just want to go home! I don’t care if a meteor ☄️ strikes the place.”

I never went back.

In fact, outside of the Stones concert and the U2 Show I have not stepped foot inside that place for anything other than work since 2002.

Won’t ever go back.

Maybe not even for five grand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie