Hoodie, Saban & Pete

It’s weird but I’ve seen a whole bunch of sports careers from start to finish.

Derek Jeter has been retired for a few years and of course, I recall his very first game.

Yet yesterday was monumental because we got news that Nick Saban was leaving Alabama. Then news came down that Belichick would not longer coach the Patriots.

A whole lot of people hated both of those coaches because their teams won…

…a lot.

The day before we also learned that Pete Carroll was down in Seattle.

When New England was winning super bowls - they were in the thick of things every year for two decades - it didn’t appear that it would ever end.

Yet, that’s the thing about Father Time - it’s undefeated.

Here in Buffalo the Bills are in a good window. They have a quarterback that allows them to compete at the highest level.

Won’t last forever.

Imagine 15 years ago if someone had told you that the Patriots were going to lose 13 out of 17 games.

I don’t have a lot to say about Saban - something about him rubbed me the wrong way and while I didn’t watch much college football - I did always seem to want Alabama to lose.

Pete?

His team threw an interception to give away a title when they were a yard away with a beast running back.

Still seems fishy.

There will be new coaches and new stars…

…the world keeps spinning…

…but makes me feel ancient when I watch rock stars fade away, or coaches give it up.

Life is short.

Even in its longest days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie