Old Timer's Day

I caught a couple of innings of the 71st Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium, and like all the other years, I smiled a little.

Mickey Rivers made a basket catch in left center.

He's not Mick the Quick anymore.

Who could forget Rivers leading off for those '77 & '78 teams. He'd put a bunt down and fly down the line.

At Old Timer's Day Rivers ran like I run. He has to be over 70 now.

Jorge Posada was in the game for the first time. When he stepped into the batter's box I instantly thought of him hitting the double off Pedro to tie Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS Game at 5.

My phone rang five straight times as Jorge pumped his fist at second.

It was after midnight, but three brothers, a friend and my Mom all called.

Paul O'Neill left early because he pulled a calf muscle.

The Warrior won 5 World Series during his playing days. Calf muscles age on professional athletes too!

I certainly enjoy watching the old guys come back, but I definitely know how quickly it goes...

...won't be long before Aaron Judge is playing in the Old Timer's Game.

Time waits for no one!

I'll be watching when Judge's career is over too!

Hopefully!

Now let's get number 28!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty