No Pain...No Pain


That kid there is Guliano Stroe. He's 9 years old and he has been working on sculpting his body since he was a toddler. He lifts weights, works out, and watches what he eats.

Sort of like the author of this blog.

We watched an Arnold movie over the weekend. (I'm not even gonna' try his last name), but other than stooping the maid Arnold has been known for working out like this child, and of course, he's still jacked up at an old age.

Kinda' like me.

Yet.

Do you think it's a good idea for a kid to be growing in such a manner?

The New York Post article spoke about how no one was going to take his lunch money and how excited he was to be going back to school so he could show his classmates that he's a beast.

The chicks are gonna' dig him, I imagine.

I've put up with it all my life.

But in all honesty, I suppose, I guess I should come clean.

Despite the body image I've developed over the years, I've never lifted weights.

That's another lie.

(This post if full of them...see if you can spot them).

Anywhoha...

I had an idiot roommate back in my college days. I use 'idiot' in the most endearing of terms, but this guy was on the wrestling team, and since he was a tad lazy at times the wrestling coach decided to motivate him. We would get a half-keg of beer if above-mentioned idiot could lose a certain amount of weight in a week's time.

It seemed like an impossible task, but since we all wanted the beer we helped out.

We all chose a day to work out with him.

We ran.

We sat in the sauna and wiped off sweat with our college I.D. card.

And we worked out.

We did everything but eat or drink.

I have not lifted a single weight since that day because while it wasn't bad as we were doing it...

...I couldn't get out of bed the next day.

Hence.

I developed my motto:

No pain...no pain.

So, God Bless little Guiliano. It seems as if he's having a good time.

We were able to get that keg of beer as my idiot buddy lost the weight just in time to get pinned in 12 seconds in the big match.

But the beer was cold.

So the story had a great ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty