Can We Talk?

I hate when I am forced to write a blog because of a death, but I have to save a little space for Joan Rivers.

I feel bad.

She was on Howard Stern within the last month and she was still funny, and still planning ahead and it had seemed to me as I listened, that she had a lot more days left.

But time waits for no one.

She died yesterday at 81, which, by all accounts, is a pretty good run.

But she was still funny.

Why did I enjoy her comedy so much?

Cause she was balls to the wall and would never apologize for what she said because it supposedly offended someone.

Her entire act was about insulting people and finding humor in situations where humor shouldn't necessarily exist.

Joan made jokes about the holocaust, the hostage situation in Ohio, her own lack of sex appeal.

Hell, she called Justin Bieber a little lesbian....

...and that alone is worthy of all of our love.

She had an amazing life.

Her husband killed himself and she was open about talking about it.

She was open about talking about anything to anyone and when she showed up on Howard, she always made me laugh.

There's also the pioneering she did for women in comedy and that's a good thing.

RIP Joan.

Thanks for never, ever backing down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie