Missing I-Pad

The other morning I was placing my rinsed cereal bowl and empty coffee cup into the dishwasher.

Or I thought I was.

The dishwasher was full of clean dishes.

Now another man may have tossed his dirty stuff into the sink and headed off to work, passing the baton to those who were home for the day to empty the clean dishes.

I didn't.

I put the clean dishes away and then placed my dirty dishes on the top shelf of the empty dishwasher.

And I thought of my Mom and Dad. They did a number on us.

Clean up after yourself and more importantly...

...take care of your shit!

Yet, it has not been passed down to my children, and I have a sneaking suspicion on why not, but more on that later.

We've lost an I-pad.

As a matter of fact, I have paid for two I-pads for this home and I have yet to hold one in my hand....even for a minute.

My beautiful wife is the candy crush champion of the world so that was a good investment, but the other I-pad kicked around the house from Sam to Matt and every once in a blue moon, Jake.

And now it's gone.

They have lost it inside the house somewhere.

"The goal for the weekend is to find the I-pad," I announced at 9:30 last night.

And Sam got right to it.

(So maybe there is a little Fuzzy tucked away).

But the problem?

Sam, Matt and aforementioned beautiful wife all have one thing in common:

They're slobs with their shit!

"Have you seen my ___________?"

You know how many times I've ignored that question from the three of them?

Every day is an eternal Easter egg hunt.

"I lost my _____"

"Where's my _______?"

And it drives me nuts.

I refuse to look for anything.

Until it works on my mind.

And festers.

And aggravates.

Who wants to bet that I'm the guy who eventually finds the I-pad?

I'm thinking it's where Sam keeps his stuff.

I may dig through it.

Got a shovel I can borrow?

Comments

It drives me nuts. I can't sleep at night if the kids lose something. I'm still looking for the 2nd Ice Ages movie. It's been missing for 6 years and I still look for it! Fuzzy thing, indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty