18 More!!!

I know it's not popular, and I doubt it can be pulled off, but I made a conscious decision to skip the National Football League at least for week 1. I am thinking of going the whole year as a protest, but how can that juggernaut league be avoided all together?

Sunday was fairly easy because the Yankees were on at 1 p.m., but I wasn't watching them either.

I was mowing my Mom's lawn, on a beautiful sunny day.

There was even a point when the lawnmower wouldn't start, and being the grease monkey that I am I was able to fix it!

(Don't ask me how the hell that happened).

But I actually felt better about things.

I was skipping the NFL!!!

Except I returned home...

...and found out the Bills were winning 17-7 at the half.

"They'll lose," I said, and I left the room.

Women getting beat. Cheerleaders suing the league. Blackouts. Concussions. NFL doctors handing out pills on the sidelines. No medical bills for former players. We need a new stadium. Not paying taxes.

Nope.

I wasn't gonna' watch!

Sam let me know it was tied up late.

"If they go to overtime it's going to interfere with dinner," I said.

The boys were fired up.

I stirred the sauce as they drove down the field.

I wouldn't look, but I heard the winning drive...for the freaking Bills!.

"18 more to a perfect season!" Sam yelled.

And I watched the Breaking Bad marathon in the afternoon instead of the 4 o'clock games.

I wasn't missing it at all.

On Monday morning at the first site everyone was talking about how much better life is when the Bills win and the Pats lose.

I went along with it.

Enjoy.

By noon the video of Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out cold and then dragging her out of the elevator surfaced.

That I watched.

So disgusted by all of it.

"Six days until we beat Miami!" Sam said on Monday afternoon.

I'm so excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie