Sick!

My buddy was explaining the illness that started for him on Thursday and ravaged him by Sunday. He hadn't eaten anything for two days.

"I never get sick," I told him. "It must suck to be a wimp."

Then I thought, that his illness must've sucked and my OCD kicked in. I walked way, found my hand sanitizer and went about my day.

By the time the tourney ended I felt fatigue and was worried about my legs, but I had plenty of time.

I went straight to bed with the heating pad.

I would get a great night's sleep before taking a trip to Syracuse.

I was up at 12:15.

Again at 2:54.

Finally out of bed by 4:15.

The legs were okay.

But I felt weird.

I headed for the coffee.

Took two sips and poured the rest in the sink. It just hit hard. I'd get a cup on the way.

12 hours later those two swigs of coffee was all I could stomach.

I made a couple of visits but the legs were wobbly.

It must suck to be a wimp.

I just knew that I wasn't gonna' be able to turn around and drive home as planned.

It was over.

And here's the funny part.

I can't ever remember not eating for such a prolonged stretch.

I couldn't even hold water down.

I sent a note to my buddy:

"God must've seen me smiling yesterday," I said. "He decided to fix that."

"Wimp," he answered.

Life is a roller coaster, huh?

Ah well, at least having the kids run for me left my legs in okay shape.

Good thing too.

I need 'em to run to the bathroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie