Just Incredible

There were so many wonderful moments at the Memorial Softball Tourney for Jeff.

Almost too many to mention, but each wonderful moment has been filed away, and through the next several weeks our family will thank all who helped make it another rousing success for Jeff's kids.

But as I sit behind the keyboard, hardly feeling anything other than pain, I just smile at so many things:

My wonderful cousins from Maryland and Delaware who just give and give and give. My cousin Mary Ann bringing a beautiful banner that welcomed all to the tourney with photos of Jeff and the kids - it simply brought tears to about 300 eyes. Jan, Diane, Pops, Jeffy, Millie...just so many people.

Dave Neisser who provided wonderful memorabilia. Dave is my son Sam's all-time favorite. My Uncle Lenny who won the signed baseball from Yankee pitcher David Phelps, and promptly handed the ball to Sam. My cousin Sally who came from Florida to be there.

And the baskets!

Just wonderful donations for a basket auction that is so great it just makes me laugh. Kim and Terrie and Larry Bowman and so many, many more.

One basket more beautiful than the one before.

And the games?

I roped the first ball into center for a double.

It should've been a triple.

Then I decided to be smart and get a kid to run for me.

It didn't matter.

We won our first two games and then had to sit for two games.

It was in that time that I stiffened up.

"I need the Tin Man's oil can," I told my cousin.

And it was worse than that.

I sat on the ground so the kids could try and throw marshmallows into my mouth for a door prize.

(Some of those kids had anger in their eyes. I was glad I didn't see them throwing the vienna sausages into the cup attached to my back - I was eating pickled eggs when that was going on).

And in the end...

...I ate an awful lot of stuffed peppers in a 72 hour period.

We put a healthy donation into the kids college fund.

I laughed 7 thousand times and I looked up all day long, and Thanked God for a wonderful group of people.

Just Incredible.

All day long I thought of Jeff, of course, and I laughed every single time when I considered that he would've owned a day like Sunday.

He lived for such celebrations.

Every day.

Thank you to all who remind us of that love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty