Hurry the Hell Up

Is it possible to hate an entire corporation?

I think it is.

I hate Time-Warner Cable.

They make me wait.

They charge crazy prices.

Their customer service people drive me insane. I'm not even allowed to try and call them to complain.

I bring all of this up because I was trying to write a whole bunch of reports in a hurry yesterday and when I went to send them out, Time Warner decided to slow down their e-mail delivery.

It happens at least twice a month.

And as I sat there stewing, it really got to me that I just hate being held up.

The most frustrating thing in all of life is to be ready to do something and have to wait.

I'm awful at it.

I lay on the horn when someone is going 22 MPH in a 45.

I can't stand the morons who come to a full stop in the E-Z Pass 20 MPH lane.

And don't get me started on the 'I gotta' run in the store' for a minute dialogue that is presented when I'm ready to go somewhere.

I can't take it! I tell ya'!

And that is becoming even worse as time goes on.

Now people expect you to answer your phone every time it rings and if you don't call back instantly they will wonder if you're hurt, wounded or worse.

I don't handle it well.

A few weeks ago a guy called me when I was in a meeting. He was foremen from one of the companies I work with.

I didn't answer.

He called back three minutes later.

I hit decline.

He texted me.

I sent a text back asking if it was urgent.

He replied, 'No.'

Ten minutes later...he called again.

I stepped out of the meeting.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Are you avoiding me?" he asked.

I swear to God.

If he was in front of me I would've kicked him in the balls.

What's the point of all of this?

I hate waiting.

I hate being available every second of every day.

And most of all

I hate Time-Warner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty