Garlic & Pepper Party-2013 Edition


So how did it all start?

We got the invitation in the mail without any warning.

Jeff & Lynn were throwing the Garlic & Pepper Party.

"What the hell is this?" Kathy had asked.

"Who knows? Another hair-brained scheme."

Then Jeff called.

"Did you get the invite?"

"Yeah. I ain't stuffing no peppers."

"Come on, it'll be fun."

And here we are a lot of years later. Big Sis, Corinne, has picked up the torch and the party has grown to epic proportions.

My entry for this year is above.

(I will let you know how I fared - the party ended too late for this blog's edition).

But that first one was the real deal.

"Here's your stuffing," Jeff said all those years ago. "Just get it in the pepper and you'll be on the leader board."

There's some dispute about the order that day, but my peppers did win.

Not first place, mind you.

Jeff won that.

Yet his 2nd best recipe also placed because he took care of me.

It's funny, but as I stuffed the peppers on Saturday morning I could almost hear him giving me the instructions.

Wash the peppers.

Wash your hands.

Don't touch yourself.

Don't spit chew in the batch.

Don't eat one for every one you put on the plate.


I hear ya'.

I must say, bro.

They're pretty damn good.

But you would've won.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty