Wintry Mix

The days get shorter and the nights go long. Winter seems to be longer and longer every year, and it also seems that the cold blast isn't just Buffalo's any longer - it seems to stretch all across the nation. And yet, there's global warming?

The global warming issue seems to be a real hot button topic for politicians to mix it up. Al Gore won a Nobel Prize and one of my sister-in-laws handed out copies of a book that says it's all bull-crap. I didn't read it.

In fact, I'm not entirely sure where I come down on the whole issue. I've heard dire reports that say the world will surely end due to the wasted energy that we've sent into the air and polluted our society. Others say that this is the natural order of things that cycles through every thousand years or so.

Will the world end because of it? Will there be a great glacier that cuts holes as deep as the Great Lakes?

I'm not sure how energy efficient we are around our home. We have the new low-watt light bulbs, but it appears that every light in the house is on every time I walk through. I refuse to conserve on toilet paper as a way to save the world - Sheryl Crowe can use her three sheets - I'm cleaning a much wider area.

As for my consumption of fuel - hell, I'm like everyone else - I need to get around and biking to Syracuse doesn't sound like much of an option on a wintry day. Yet, they gave Gore the prize and he uses more in his private plane in one month than I'll ever use.

Perhaps we should all be thinking about the future.

Maybe this global warming that they're speaking about will eventually toast us all.

I bring this all up because I froze my ass off all day today and the over-grown weatherman that I watch each night told me it's going to be worse tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty