Second By Second

Second by second and minute by minute, I feel the love of a thousand close friends and a family so close and so full of love that nothing else matters other than the threat to one of our own.

Hour by hour and day by day we figure out what it means to be alive and go from the valley floor to the mountain top and sometimes back again at roller coaster, break-neck speeds. All of life is present in the span of the tiny period of time that usually makes up a day.

Each laugh is more pronounced. Every tear that sticks in your throat, threatens to close off your mind. And the body responds with a strength that hides until it is truly needed.

That the Lord provides the strength in such moments is the true miracle of it all, and that such a strength lives inside of us is the clear and present presence of something so strong and so unworldly that we wonder why we don't tap into it more and more during the routine spinning of the days.

Second by second, my brother recovers.

Moment by moment the world spins around.

Never before have we been so aware.

Keep the prayers coming.

There's a long way to go.

Find the strength inside of you to battle through and any of the usual muddying up routines that threaten your own daily plight.

The strength is there... I'm finding it every second of the way.

And for God's Sake... love those around you with every ounce of strength you have.

The rest of it doesn't matter.

Truly.

Comments

deafjeff said…
I wish I could get the toughts out of my head like you. I have thousands of things to say and they seem to just....jumble? The memories overcome me and the tears make my eyes shut, but I know, am convinced he will be with us soon, playing golf and busting balls. Faith and hope and hard work and knowing we all love him will hopefully lighten his load.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie