400 + Posts

For the first time in years I'm not quite sure how to answer the question about what I'll be working on for my next book. I'm currently three quarters of the way through a book about marriage and the crash and burn element of it - called The Price You Pay, but after that?

I'm not tired of the exercise of writing as witnessed by the fact that I have posted to this blog over 400 times in less days than that, but there's a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I need to promote what has already been written, rather than go on the exhausting journey to begin another story.

Through the years I've always had another story idea in the hopper, which makes this year more of a challenge. I'm not sure how I'll react when I'm not working on something. Yet it speaks of my resolve for the year. For the first 44 years, I've attacked life, this year, hopefully it will come to me. My mantra - relax and let it meet you.

I'll let you know when I give up on that philosophy - by the tenth of January, probably.

Anyway to mark the 400th post, I thought I'd thrill you with my favorites through the years:

Favorite Book - East of Eden
Favorite Author - Steinbeck
Favorite Entertainer - Does anyone not know? The god of music - Bruce
Favorite Song - Promised Land - guess who
Favorite Movie - Comedy - Me, Myself & Irene (his black brothers kill me)- loved When Harry Met Sally too.
Favorite Movie - Drama - Shawshank comes to mind as does Terms of Endearment, can't beat the first two Godfather's either.
Favorite TV Show ever - Soprano's
Favorite TV Comedy ever - The Odd Couple

Words to live by for the start of '09:

You make up your mind, you choose the chance you take
You ride to where the highway ends, and the desert breaks
out on to an open road, you ride until the day
you learn to sleep at night, with the price you pay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie