Evidence of Love

The walls of a hospital break down all of the barriers and bullshit veils that we use to get ourselves through the "normal" days. It is a place where egos are displaced (hopefully) and where people come together to offer their love.

The Woman and Children's Hospital of Buffalo showed me such love about seven years ago, and I am feeling much of the same love now at Mercy Hospital in South Buffalo. And once again, I marvel at the dedication of a staff of people who's job it is to work with all of the patients and their families.

The lesson of love being broken down and handed over is not lost on me. Yesterday I gazed out the window and watched the traffic flowing by, oblivious to my pain and the emergency in our lives.

The longer I looked out the window the more convinced I became that the chase for the usual things was just such an epic waste of time, but that's what happens in situations such as this.

Yet I thought of the people who read this blog and share my life with me, and again, I considered how trivial things can be, and how unimportant some of the stuff we worry about truly is - tell someone you love them today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie