The Lamest of Ducks

Doesn't it feel as though it's been about three years since Obama was elected president?

There are people already lined up to complain about the job he's doing. I overheard a man on one of the work sites complaining that Obama hasn't been any better then Bush.

Uh, he hasn't started yet.

Which gets me wondering. Do we really need a 70-day transition period? Back up the U-Haul and switch out the gear. If they time it right, Bush and Obama can switch places without even seeing one another.

What's transpired since the election anyway?

Obama picked his cabinet in about three days. Then he went to Hawaii, to celebrate Christmas and New Year's. Lately the most pressing issue has been electing the family dog.

Bush has continued his march through the country telling us why he's been a great president.

Seriously.

So what's left to do? I'm not sure all the switcheroo entails, but it seems quite a long while to leave the lamest of all ducks in charge as we continue to spiral down.

I must admit though, I felt a tug at my heart strings when Bush shed a tear after a reporter asked him if he understood that he was one of the least popular presidents in history. I don't think he even knew how bad it was getting.

Oh well - 8 days until we see Oprah on a float or Oprah as a float, ah, whatever...

Bring on the change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie