Three Martini's

I have a steadfast rule- just two martini's - nothing else. I broke the rule tonight. In 38 months - I have not taken a day off during the week. I didn't mean for that to happen, but it did. Tomorrow, I'm pretty much off - I'm flying to New York with a client and my boss to see a Yankee game. My boss and the client are great friends. I deserved a 3rd martini.

I don't drink a lot, but when I do, I wonder why the hell I don't. Much of life seems to drift away when you're not thinking straight, but I'm writing this blog and I'm spelling everything right, so what do you make of that?

There are so many temptations on Freedom's Road - I think that the most amazing thing about this country is that we are all able to make our own decisions - I'm a different kind of dude - I know that I have responsibilities - yet every day we make a free decision to do what is right and what is not. I know plenty of people who blow off what they're supposed to do on a daily basis. Tomorrow is a chance to make up for what goes wrong today, but I have always lived by the rule that you shouldn't screw up and try to have to make amends.

All I think about is my boys - they are going to have to make the choice between hot dogs and hamburgers and giving up and going on - as Mellencamp said - life is about those choices and making the right ones on a daily basis - do I want a 3rd martini or do I want to go to work? Do I treat my wife the right way or don't I? Do I let my family down, or do I do the right thing?

A good man, a long time ago, told me that the easy choice is usually not the right choice.

I went for my 3rd martini tonight and then wrote this blog. I always make the right decision when it comes to my wife and kids - and that's because they deserve that respect.

But 3 martini's is awesome!

Comments

deafjeff said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty