Benefits of Writing

I've been writing books for along time now and there are so many benefits that come with such a task. Most of the time when I speak to a reader they ask one question only - "How much money do you make?"

That question is certainly offending - in what other walk of life do you feel comfortable asking someone how much they make? Yet I usually answer with a shoulder shrug and a laugh. The longer answer is - "Not enough - how much do you make?"

Every once in awhile though - a reader gets what I wanted to say - and in the last couple of days, I have heard from these readers. A woman called me from Texas on Saturday, saying - "You don't know me, and I don't know you, but I think you're wonderful."

I told my wife about it - repeating that the woman thought I was wonderful - "That's right," she said. "She doesn't know you."

This AM - I received an e-mail from someone else who had read Nobody's Home - a wonderful book, by the way. If you need a copy call 1-888-542-2665.

The woman's e-mail said - "From one of your fans." It went on to describe how she felt as she read the book and what her day was like as she noted my words.

How much do I get paid? That right there is worth a million dollars to me. The book is spiritual in nature - and someone I don't know who gets it - is worth a tremendous amount to me. I believe it is the sole reason for locking the door on Saturday mornings and plotting the next few lines.

When I re-open the door and re-join the real world there are plenty of opportunities to fail - but the benefit of doing something right, and receiving an acknowledgement of success is all I'm ever asking for.

Nobody's Home! Get it today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie