License to Breed

The other night my wife took the Black Lab (Shadow) outside to comb some of the hair off of her. Our other dog, (Melky) who happens to be a terrier stood inside and cried a horrible, whiny call because in her mind, she felt as if Shadow was being harmed. I had a real hard time calming Melky because she was being so protective of her buddy.

Today I heard two stories that convinced me that Melky is a lot smarter than a lot of people. A football star was arrested for placing a plastic bag over the head of his two-year-old son. When he was arrested, he explained that he was just playing. He wanted to see if the kid could escape the bag. Fortunately, the child's mother took the bag off of the toddler's head just before he turned blue. Dad is now in jail awaiting bail.

Then, passing by the TV I heard the news anchor playing a tape of a mother who (with her friends) got her young son high in a hotel room. The kid was actually holding and smoking a joint as Mom and friends whooped it up. The story was on the news because the mother just received her child back. Her lawyer said, "she got help, and she's better equipped to take care of her son now."

Uh, yeah!

What the hell is wrong with people? Can someone explain child abuse to me? Obviously there are serious mental issues involved, right, but isn't there an inate protective device inside of us all?

We need a license to drive our car, ride a snowmobile and to go hunting or fishing. My dog needs a license just to take a dump in his own backyard. Yet any dumb bastard who can fumble their way through the act can have a child. Unreal.

I decided to ask my dog what he thought - "They ought to put those ass----s in a cage," she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie