Let Me Up

Tom Petty, an under-rated performer, had an album called "Let Me Up I've Had Enough." That was sort of the way I felt today. Work has been busy.The boys have baseball and the are eating us out of house and home. There are so many chores around the house. There's golf to consider, a couple of book-singings, and here we are....

"Let me up I've had enough", Tom Petty singing in that Southern drawl. Time for an uplifting saying - or one I use from time-to-time to battle through:

“Generations come and go, but it makes no difference. The sun rises and sets and hurries around to rise again. The wind blows south and north, here and there, twisting back and forth, getting nowhere. The rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full; and the water returns again to the rivers, and flows again to the sea…

Everything is unutterably weary and tiresome. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied; no matter how much we hear, we are not content. So I saw that there is nothing better for men than that they should be happy in their work, for that is what they are here for, and no one can bring them back to life to enjoy what will be in the future. So let them enjoy it now”. -

Ecclesiastes-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie