Chat Online

Do you get a lot of junk mail, junk e-mail and pestering telephone calls? I just erased a message that asked me if I wanted to chat online with a live, sexy girl. Of course, I hit the delete button. Yet it seems that each and every day is filled with such invitations.

With a click of a button it seems that I can get more hair for my head, I can lose fifty pounds without watching what I eat and not exercising a lick. I can get a larger uh, you know, and a break on my mortgage. I may take someone up on the hair offer, but that's about it. I'm used to everything else.

My favorite aggravation is that I get periodic calls on my cell phone from a man who certainly just arrived in this country. He calls me every other day and he always asks for Clint Douglas. When I tell him that he has the wrong number, he asks me if I want a lower mortgage rate.

"Certainly," I say. "I was just waiting for someone to call me, not know my name or financial status, in an effort to entice me to give out sensitive information about my personal life."

He always hangs up only to call me again the next day. "Clint Douglas?" he asks.

"Clint died," I finally told him. "He was beat to death with a baseball bat because he couldn't pay his mortgage."

Two days later, "Hello, Clint Douglas. I have a deal for you on a new mortgage rate."

I imagine that this form of advertising has had to work at some point. Do people actually answer the ads looking for the larger, you know what?

Do people actually chat online, believing that they've found a new girlfriend? Have you ever discussed financials with someone that randomly dials you in?

Every once in awhile you'll hear about people who get scammed out of money. There's an e-mail that goes around from a wealthy prince of a long-ways-away country. "I escaped with $7,000,000 it says - but I need $1500 to pay some bank fees. If you'll send me the $1,500, I'll split the 7 mil with you."

Are you kidding me - someone falls for that?

Oh well, I was just instant messaged from Kitty who has been searching for me for the past few months. I better see what she needs. Perhaps I'm just one live chat away from fulfilling all of my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie