West Point

Did you know that I went to West Point?

I went there a whole lot, as a matter of fact.

I never received a scholarship to go there, but I was invited in...time and time again...by a construction company that was doing a lot of work there.

I never once didn't value the trip.

West Point is a long ways from Buffalo...but I had to hit the place fairly regularly back about ten years ago.

I didn't see Ben Carson there.

He turned down his full scholarship, evidently.

West Point is an impressive campus.

When I first arrived there I was taken back by the beautiful surroundings.

The tremendous buildings.

The young men and women marching around.

The strict rules of discipline.

The other reason I enjoyed West Point was that it is close enough to make the trip to Yankee Stadium.

I believe I went to at least three games after doing a late afternoon scan of the job site.

I remember one such trip there.

I was walking with Dave...a safety man for the company.

"Look around," I said. "This is the only way two dumb bastards like us are getting in here."

Dave laughed.

"Seems a little excessive, don't you think?" I asked.

I never really understood the need for such overkill when it comes to defending the country.

I am certainly in the minority here because I think that we can probably get along with about half the budget.

But that's another story.

I'm only thinking about West Point because Ben Carson is in the news in regard to turning down a scholarship from there.

What's up with that guy?

Did Joseph build the place as a base to store his donkeys?

Well...in any regard...check out West Point.

It's a beautiful place.

Wait until April though...

...and check the Yankees schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty