Aborting Baby Hitler

Ben Carson had to field a stupid question the other day.

"Would you abort Baby Hitler if it was up to you?"

Carson gave the answer that is true to his beliefs on abortion.

Of course he wouldn't.

The reporter who asked the question then cracked that Carson was 'Pro-Hitler.'

You can see the problem with answering such a question, right?

These types of hypothetical questions are tossed around a lot.

Killing Hitler to save a whole bunch of lives might be the right thing to do, but it is not an easy task when you really aren't much into killing, right?

I was reading the sports pages a few weeks back and the reporter asked one of the pro football players here who he'd most like to have a beer with from any time in history.

The guy said:

"Jesus. I heard he was a good dude."

Perhaps the best thing to do is to not answer such questions.

Yet around our house Sam is always trying to play little games.

"We're all on a boat in the ocean and one of us has to go overboard. Who's gone?"

"Your father," my beautiful wife answered.

"Why me?" I asked.

"You're the oldest," she answered.

"And insurance money," Sam added.

Well.

Isn't that lovely?

"He's a given," Sam says. "Who goes next?"

Kathy hates such games.

How can she pick between any of her kids?

But Sam is persistent.

Much like that reporter, he wants the unanswerable question answered.

He'll continue to ask it over and over.

"Who goes overboard?"

"Who?"

"Who?"

"Who?"

Finally my wife tired of it...

"Other than your father going over, I can't answer," she finally said.

Other than your father going over.

Lovely.

I feel Ben Carson's pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie